Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Yeay! Finally!

Hey there!
Salam...
My 19th birthday was on the 25th of June, which was last Friday. I'm ecstatic to have turned 19, but a bit overwhelmed too, because this is going to be my last year as a teenager!...I'll be 20 next year! Adulthood is looming...
Anyways, for my 19th birthday, my papa bought me my own laptop!
To be precise, it's a netbook, a Dell Inspiron Mini 10...and it's in red! (I'd personally want a yellow one, but Dell doesn't make this line in yellow, so I settled with red instead...still cool :P).
It's got everything a netbook's supposed to have, and it came with Windows 7 Starter Edition as its OS. To be honest, Windows 7 Starter Edition's functions are very limited, you almost wished you could turn back to XP or upgrade to a better version of 7. For example, you can't even customise your own desktop background and watching DVDs is impossible as it doesn't read DVD components. But, thankfully, being a net surfer myself, I googled and surfed through some tech forums and found the solutions to the inadequacies that were bothering me a bit. So problem fixed for now. I'll just save more money so that I can upgrade the Starter to a better edition.

No comments:

Post a Comment