Thursday, June 17, 2010

WHAT THE?!: ESMOKE


Hey there!

Salam...

Last night, two of my aunts and one of my aunt's husband took out a cigarette. I was busy making tea for the guests but my eyes were caught when I saw him grounding the tip of the cigarette onto my father's
kain sarung. I was momentarily frozen, as I thought my dad's leg would soon catch on fire (and the fact that I hate cigarette smoke)...but my aunt's husband just laughed it off, saying that he was holding an...
ELECTRONIC CIGARETTE!
WHAT THE?!

Apparently this breakthrough invention came as a way to help cigarette addicts who have trouble putting down their ciggies for good, to smoke healthier. How can healthier smoking be achieved, you say? Well, this gadget, called ESMOKE, is electrically charged using an electronic charger. Thus, the body of the cigarette does not contain nicotine (which induces the addiction) and tar (which causes the countless amounts of diseases in a smoker's body). In fact, ESMOKE is said to not have the negative effects of smoking, and smokers all over are warming up to this product as it actually TASTES like you're puffing on an actual cigarette. My aunt's husband said, you can even purchase ESMOKE in many different flavours-namely that of cigarette brands, such as Marlboro, Dunhill and whatever ciggie brands that exist out there.

AND...one of the advertisements for ESMOKE also promotes that with ESMOKE, a smoker can smoke anywhere...as the smoke that comes out as you exhale doesn't actually smell (yeah, this is actually true..he was puffing the cigarette in the living room and the room never smelled like ciggie smoke)...

ESMOKE is purchasable for RM290.00 for a box of 5 (if I'm not mistaken, sorry if I am), plus its own electronic charger. My uncle also said something about one charger that can be plugged in like a USB port...Where to purchase? My uncle said he bought his cigarette wonder at Giant Damansara.

Truthfully, I am not a smoker myself, and none in my immediate family is. Some people say, with this invention, more people will turn to smoking, and in a way, I sort of see it that way too. But if the rise of smokers can't be stopped, then we might as well give them cigarettes that are healthy to smoke with. Besides, most smokers out there smoke mainly for the taste, right?

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment